Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New starter


With a new year always comes new resolve: to be better, to do more, oftener. So here I am, crawling back to the dusty blog. Since I last posted, I have: been home (back to Little Rock) twice, via the bedraggled and unloved American Airlines system; started working as a glorified docent at an art museum (MOCA, in fact); moved out of my studio; had the starter in my car replaced after nearly getting stuck; and rented a new place to live that includes a beautiful little red barn I will convert to a new work space. I feel that these new developments bode well for 2008.

The new year also brings hoped-for victories and meaningful food. Yesterday was not a good day for the teams I shout at on the television (Arkansas, Illinois, and Hawaii all lost, and looked bad doing so). Even so, I cooked up big pots of black eyed peas and collard greens, well seasoned with salt pork and pepper sauce, complimented by a pan of cornbread. These foods are meant to bring me good luck and good fortune for the rest of the year. Remember that next time, tribes and hogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see we weren't the only Arkies in LA making greens, black-eyes and cornbread that day! I gotta try somma them red taters in mine next time.

-Mitch and Sarah